You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Velvet Adel Empty Velvet Adel Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:51 pm

Velvet Adel

Velvet Adel

Velvet Adel Tumblr_nm7pwd7eIX1urlj7yo1_500   __________________________________________________
   “Where will you be when the world goes to hell..?”

GENERAL INFORMATION

Name(s): Velvet Danica Adel
Nickname(s): Adel
Birthday: February 23
Sexuality: Bisexual
Guild: Guildless
Tattoo: Back of Neck
Face Claim: Neopolitan - RWBY

APPEARANCE

Height: 5'6"
Weight: 103 lbs
Hair: Brown and Pink
Eyes: Any
Description: Velvet resembles neapolitan ice cream, has the appropriate trio of colors in her hair and on her outfit. Her hair is half pink and half brown, with white streaks in the pink half.

Velvet's natural eye color changes as she see's fit, alternate coloration in differing combinations, with this ability apparently being entirely under her control. Because of this, she tends to temporarily have a condition known as heterochromia iridum, where the eyes of a subject have two different colors. In her case, it is complete heterochromia, where one iris in its entirety is a different color from the other.

Velvet wears a white jacket with a pink interior, brown pants, and gray boots with very high heels. Under her jacket is a black corset, curved in the middle and at the bottom, exposing her hips. She also wears a multitude of necklaces, which hang haphazardly around her neck.

Velvet is also rather diminutive in stature.

Velvet sports freckles dotting her face from one cheek to the other, across the bridge of her nose. She has a large scar on her back which she usually keeps hidden.

PERSONALITY

Personality: Velvet is a very confident and self-assured young girl, only echoed in the way she carries herself. Not the one to feign or back down from a confrontation or a challenge, Velvet takes life by the horns and will stride into challenges head on, using wit and determination to overcome everything in her path. She can sometimes be seen as narrow-minded and selfish for her actions, which can also be viewed as unorthodox. Velvet does not hold good and the laws in high standards in her actions and judgement, nor does she feign to actively seek harm to others. Though Velvet will take the opportunity to do things to her own beat and how she see's fit to benefit her or those she wants to benefit.

From her past, Velvet is quite a quiet girl, and slow to trust others. She has hid most of her emotions in a shell, and can be seen as slightly robotic in the eyes of others in how she functions in her day to day life. Things are clockwork for her after a while.

Motivations:
-Velvet one day wants to figure out the fate of her brother, whom she can only vaguely remember.
Fears:
- Arachnophobia (Fear of Spiders)
- Fear of the Ocean
- Fear of Failure
- Brother
- Traveling
- Candy/Sweets
- Nature/Outdoors
- Samurai
Dislikes:
- Ocean/Large Bodies of Water
- Confinement
- When things don't go as planed
Positive Characteristics:

• Nimble Fingers (+2): You are adept at manipulating small, delicate objects. This involves things such as a small mechanics and locks.  Capable of picking all locks except magically sealed items.
  • Stealthy (+3): You are particularly good at avoiding notice. You could be sitting somewhere in a thread at a bar and people wouldn't even notice that you were there.  You are able to blend into a crowd, and those entering threads cannot initiate conversation with you until you speak or state your presence in an obvious matter by doing something that draws the attention of others.
  • Persuasive (+2): You have a way with words and body language. Somehow you manage to persuade weaker minded people easily.  When using this feat, players will have to roll a bronze die. Failure to land on a number results in them agreeing with you.

Negative Characteristics:

• Lecherous (-1): You have a lusty nature and a tendency to pursue the pleasures of the flesh. A woman or a man (however your tastes run) is an almost irresistible temptation to you. You give in to these temptations easily.  If fighting or RPing with someone of your sexual preference, you must act lecherous towards them once every three posts.
  • Intolerance  for Animal Cruelty(-1): You have an irrational dislike of a certain thing. It may be an animal, a class of person, a situation, or just about anything at all. Note that some dislikes may be too trivial or ridiculous to count--a dislike of Bavarian-crème-filled donuts or mechanical pencils, for example, has no real dramatic value and will not be allowed. You must act very disgusted and displeased when your dislike comes into play. 
  • Daredevil (-2): You only really feel alive when you're staring death in the face. Your character is addicted to the thrill of death-defying stunts, pushing themselves to the limit at every available opportunity.  You can't refuse the opportunity of engaging into combat with anyone or anything that is stronger than you. You also always volunteer and perform tasks that have a risk attached to them when you are in a group.
  • Phobia of Crickets (-3): A character afflicted by a phobia persistently fears a particular object or situation. She realizes that the fear is excessive and irrational, but the fear is disturbing enough that she avoids the stimulus.Character is unable to face anything that has it's fear. If you're afraid of spiders and someone uses spider magic, you flee.

HISTORY

History: Velvet was born as a noble girl to an aristocrat family. From the day she was born, she was heavily pampered by her parents, getting the best of education, food, and wealth at her disposal. Velvet was also the younger child of two, having an older brother whom she was very close to. Together, the two were spoiled within the walls of their manors, never once leaving past their walls, for all that they needed and ever wanted was already provided for them there.

Since she was a child, Velvet was always fascinated by the art of battle, seeing it as a spectacular thing and badgered her parents until they decided to get her combat training. She would fight with mainly bladed weapons, which she took up from the fabled samurais in which she was always so fascinated about.

Since Velvet was a girl, she had always had dreams of a strange samurai that would come when she had nightmares, fighting them away and keeping her safe, though Velvet never knew the identity of this samurai. One thing she knew, was it was the same. Samurais became a vision of protection for her, and she would always cry out to him for help whenever she was in need.

As she and her brother grew older, her brother eventually had gotten involved with a dark guild, doing horrible deeds and things of that such. All of the family knew nothing of it, until the day Velvet had come home to find her parents dead in their manor with her brother standing over them. Her brother told her that he would end her life if she would not keep quiet. To take it even further, he forced her into the guild to act as her right-hand woman, conducting evil deeds under his watch. During this time, he would abuse and harm her, and she would tell nobody.

Velvet stabbed her brother in cold blood one night after he attempted to force himself upon her. In doing this, she was broken and shattered, lost and confused. Calling out to the samurai to save her from the predicament she was in, for the first time ever, he had actually come. Taking his hand, they ran away from the guild.

Though Velvet's brother did not truly die. He left the guild as a lone mage, promising to one day get his revenge by destroying all Velvet cared about, then her.

Last edited by Velvet Adel on Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:59 am; edited 13 times in total

http://www.unknownlandsrp.com

2Velvet Adel Empty Re: Velvet Adel Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:14 pm

Hikaru Nakamura

Hikaru Nakamura
You need the same amount of negative and positive characteristics. Furthermore, you exceeded the number. The max is 12.

So is this magic summoning ? Or are the spirits just there for display?

How did you get in eclipse haven?

3Velvet Adel Empty Re: Velvet Adel Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:20 pm

Velvet Adel

Velvet Adel
This is how she got into the guild.
Spoiler:

For the magic, it is a caster that uses them as a medium. A holder is ususaly limited to one item as the medium for their magic (as far as my understanding) but this allows for different items (or spirits in this case) to be used.

I recalculated the points.

4Velvet Adel Empty Re: Velvet Adel Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:58 pm

Hikaru Nakamura

Hikaru Nakamura
Originally "Taking his hand, they ran away..." was different maybe or just me. Regardless just clear it up right here, because it sounds like they ran away from the guild.

5Velvet Adel Empty Re: Velvet Adel Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:07 pm

Velvet Adel

Velvet Adel
All fixed.

BUMP

6Velvet Adel Empty Re: Velvet Adel Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:26 am

Hikaru Nakamura

Hikaru Nakamura
"However, the spirits can create a variety of objects and enchantments for the caster to use." Sorry this is all you have left I can see the finish line! Specify the objects do this doesn't get misinterpreted as an Arc of Embodiment type of magic.

7Velvet Adel Empty Re: Velvet Adel Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:05 am

Velvet Adel

Velvet Adel
BUMP

I may ask to open the thread up at a later date once Valiance gets approved (for we want our magics to function the same)

8Velvet Adel Empty Re: Velvet Adel Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:51 pm

Hikaru Nakamura

Hikaru Nakamura
Ahh, app looks good to go. If you want you can remove the magic and edit the magic once it is completed on the other application. But can't approve until thats done.

9Velvet Adel Empty Re: Velvet Adel Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:31 am

Velvet Adel

Velvet Adel
Its fine. I will leave it be.

10Velvet Adel Empty Re: Velvet Adel Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:24 am

Velvet Adel

Velvet Adel
Updated so Velvet actually did leave the guild, and is instead Guildless.

11Velvet Adel Empty Re: Velvet Adel Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:19 am

Velvet Adel

Velvet Adel
Gonna go and bump

12Velvet Adel Empty Re: Velvet Adel Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:20 pm

Irelia Fleur

Irelia Fleur
Hello, Velvet! I am Irelia, and I'll be in charge of your application since it hasn't been looked at for a few days by the other mod. Upon reviewing the application once more, I have noticed a few aspects I'd like you to fix. Said aspects will be stated below;

• Okay, so I have gone through your positive traits. I've calculated the total number of positive traits you have, and you seem to exceed the maximum amount by 4. In other words; you have 16 positive traits, while you can have a maximum of 12. Please, fix that.
  • Also, I have noticed that your Positive Traits are way more than your Negative traits. I need to ask you to balance that out, as Negative traits can be higher than the positive, but not lower.
  • I know this may sound picky, but I'd appreciate it if you added the explanation of each Positive/Negative trait.
  • Also, please specify what is your character intolerant towards.

This is all I have an issue with. I see you have fixed everything Hikaru has asked for, so good job on that part. Bump upon correction, and I will check it as soon as possible.

13Velvet Adel Empty Re: Velvet Adel Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:42 pm

Velvet Adel

Velvet Adel
Irelia you are a lifesaver. Bump

Updated my appearance to that of Neo before it got approved.

14Velvet Adel Empty Re: Velvet Adel Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:49 am

Irelia Fleur

Irelia Fleur
I really hate doing this, but you still need to balance out your Positive and Negative characteristics. You have 7 Positive and 5 Negative, so, please either add two more negative points, or remove 2 poisitve points. Once that is done, you'll get approved, I promise!

15Velvet Adel Empty Re: Velvet Adel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:05 pm

Velvet Adel

Velvet Adel
I thought I added that, but it must have not saved.

Maybe tomorrow :P

16Velvet Adel Empty Re: Velvet Adel Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:34 am

Hikaru Nakamura

Hikaru Nakamura
You have daredevil listed twice. This is still Irelia's application, but this should make the process quicker.

17Velvet Adel Empty Re: Velvet Adel Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:55 am

Velvet Adel

Velvet Adel
Wai- Okay lemme check that.

Sorry this is all totally my fault.

18Velvet Adel Empty Re: Velvet Adel Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:25 pm

Irelia Fleur

Irelia Fleur
Velvet Adel C76460a2772e6dc94d0a929d53b15934

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]