Yin Ashton
Name: 拊 - Fu | Slap
Magic Cost: 10
Requirements: Oriental Solid Script
Class: Offensive
Element: None
Duration: Instant
Cooldown: 2 posts
Effect: Not normally used in battle because it does little damage, and is redundant, Fu is a spell that Yin favors for interrogations because it allows her to strike a target without bludgeoning them. To cast it, she makes the same motion with her hand as if she was about to slap someone. The kanji is written not near her, but near the face of the target, striking them across the cheek. Though the spell's range his limited to five meters, an interrogation room isn't that large, allowing her to apply discipline when necessary from any location within the room.

Name: 光 - Kou | Light
Magic Cost: 10 | 5 to maintain
Class: Supplementary
Element: Light
Duration: Until dismissed
Cooldown: 3 posts
Effect: A spell developed more for her personal use than for battle, Yin casts this spell by thrusting one finger into the air above her head. She writes the kanji for light in the air, and it hangs above her head, like a halo. The kanji gives off enough light for a three meter radius around her, and follows Yin's movements. Used most often to get around in the dark when she's out of candles.
Name: 火 - Hi | Fire
Magic Cost: 20
Element: Fire
Effect: Yin sweeps her hand in front of herself, writing the kanji for fire in the air. The kanji pinwheels through the air, quickly becoming a large fireball as it streaks towards Yin's target.

Name: 刺 - Shi | Stab
Magic Cost: 20
Effect: This spell is a little more covert than most as it doesn't create a massive version of the written kanji before activating. Yin stabs one finger towards her target, and a beam of energy with a line of the Kanji she's written within it shoots towards her target at high speed. The beam moves in a straight line, traveling ten meters before disappearing.

Name: 雷 - Rai | Lightning
Magic Cost: 30
Element: Lightning
Cooldown: 3 posts
Effect: Same as with another, more innocuous spell, Yin swipes down two fingers in front of her. However, instead of the kanji for smoke being written in the air before her before crashing towards the ground, the kanji for this spell appears above the target so long as they are within twenty meters of Yin. It then breaks up into numerous smaller versions of itself, and crashes down towards the target in a lightning bolt filled with the kanji.

Name: 防 - Bō | Defend
Magic Cost: 30 | 15 to maintain
Class: Defensive
Duration: Until dismissed or destroyed
Cooldown: 5 posts
Effect: Yin thrusts out her palm towards an incoming attack, writing the kanji for defend in the air. Six feet in diameter, this kanji is bigger than she is tall, so she always has to raise her hand into the air a little, or the kanji will dig into the ground. Acting as a highly durable shield, she can use the kanji to defend from attacks because it is connected to her palm. Whichever direction she points it, that is the direction she is defending in. Using this spell renders the hand using it effectively useless and unable to write any more words, which means if she were to create two kanji shields, she would be unable to use any more spells until one of them is dismissed or destroyed. This shield can take eight hits from d class spells, four from c class spells, and two from b class spells before being destroyed. It can only take a single hit from an A class spell before it is destroyed.

Last edited by Yin Ashton on Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:54 pm; edited 3 times in total

Yin Ashton

Yin Ashton
Bump of ready for review

Warren Dent

Warren Dent
Convert
http://www.natsudragneel.com/t2297-new-magic-system-preview-ndrp-2014

Yin Ashton

Yin Ashton
I can't convert them yet. A couple of these- Oh, wait they're not boosts. I thought this magic system wasn't live yet though because boosts haven't been redone yet.

Tali Zorah

Tali Zorah
We are currently working on the buffing aspect of the new system. We should have it within the next couple of days. In the meantime, please convert all other spells to the new format.

Yin Ashton

Yin Ashton
Converted. Did my best to get the flavor and point distribution of my spells to match up.

Jabo Devine

Jabo Devine
http://www.natsudragneel.com/t2464-02-magic-rules-2014-wip

More things have changed, thus I'll ask you to go take a look at it and make the proper adjustments.

Tali Zorah

Tali Zorah
I'm terribly sorry, but according to the results of the recent site wide poll, we have elected to return to the original format. Please refer to the Magic Rules and Magic Template to make your edits and do not be afraid to ask a member of staff if you have any questions.

Yin Ashton

Yin Ashton
Luckily, I had not yet performed the second set of edits requested by Jabo, so I think simply by removing the points, I return to the old spell system. This also means I don't have to worry about converting my starter spells either.

Tali Zorah

Tali Zorah
Approved for training. Link back when finished.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

• Total Posts:
  • Total Members:
  • Newest Member:
  • Most Online: Most users ever online was 133 on Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:38 pm

In total there is 0 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests