Class:  Mystic
Alignment: Neutral good
Guild: Lamia Scale
Guild Tattoo: Blue tattoo on the lower left back
Face Claim: Rentaro-Black bullet

II. APPEARANCE

Height: 5ft 10 inches
Weight: 72kg
Hair: Messy, medium length, dark blue hair which partially covers his forehead.
Eyes: light brown eyes which are slanted inwards slightly
General Appearance: Shinzo is a well toned person with slightly tanned skin with proportionately large arms and legs, he is most commonly seen wearing a dark blue or black suit with the tie loosely done up completed with black leather shoes with a small wedge. When he is on a mission which involves him entering places which he deems to be "dirty" he changes this gear for sandals, and a sleeveless waistcoat similar to natsu's without the gold edging  and a pair of red baggy trousers stopping just below his knee
Extra: He is often seen wearing a sleek pair of sunglasses, a platinum watch and a single silver earring

III. PERSONALITY

Personality: Shinzo is a very extroverted person who loves talking to people despite this he doesn't like drinking in bulk, he prefers to drink small amounts and savour every drip. he is very fond of saying his views about people regardless of the situation which has proven troublesome on many occasions, many people mistake this as arrogance and in a way it is, Shinzo however, sees it as simply being honest as lying only creates more problems in the long run, however if the greater good calls for him hiding his opinions temporarily he is willing to do so but he will let his feelings be known sooner or later.
He also happens to be very lazy, this arises from his highly privileged childhood where he was left wanting for nothing and was always made to feel like he was right, this presumption of always being correct carries on to this day with him believing only his opinion can be the right one in nearly all situations.
Despite this he does what he believes to be for the best and is always guided by his conscience and is more than willing to break a few rules to do so regardless of the potential consequence. He also isn't beyond working with people he dislikes if he believes it is for the greater good.

1. White wine
  2. Women, need I say any more?
  3. Watches
  4. Food, namely sushi and crispy duck
  5. Fighting, he gets a thrill our of it, most probably to do with his rather confined upbringing

Dislikes:

1. Being dirty, not a particularly strong hate but he will always wash the first chance he gets
  2. Judgemental people other than himself, mainly because people presume him to be an uncaring snob just from his appearance.
  3. Dishonesty, he believes lying, or withholding the truth never leads to any good, this is probably
  4. because he regrets not being told his real parents died before he was one week old
  5. Being told no when he wants something, this arose from his spoilt upbringing.

Motivations: Shinzo wants to experience everything in life, be it fights, women or luxury, he won't rest until he feels he has done it all.
He also wants to know more about his birth mother by becoming the best mage he can be.

Fears:

• Shinzo has been scared of spiders ever since one of his friends placed a tarantula on his face when he was only five years old, even to this day he won't go near a spider given a choice.
  • Shinzo is also scared of ghosts (not to be confused with spiritual beings such as celestial spirits, and elemental spirits). He is particularly scared of bumping into his parent's ghosts incase they were disappointed in his life choices.

Positive Traits:

• Acrobatic (+3): You have excellent body awareness and coordination
  • Alertness (+2): You have finely tuned senses.
  • Swift (+3): You are fleet of foot. When running, you move three times your normal speed.
  • Agile (+3): You are particularly flexible and poised.
  • Blind-Fight (+4): You know how to fight in melee without being able to see your foes.

Negative Traits:

• Compulsive Honesty (-2): You cannot tell a lie, nor can you behave in a deceitful fashion. You tend to be blunt rather than tactful, even if it means insulting someone who you and your companions are trying to impress.
    Explanation: You can't lie and you will tell the truth when someone asks you something instead of lying. So if your team is impressing an ogre and the ogre asks if you guys are truly from the guild you guys claimed you were and lied about it, you will screw it up and say the truth.
  • Daredevil (-2): You only really feel alive when you're staring death in the face. Your character is addicted to the thrill of death-defying stunts, pushing themselves to the limit at every available opportunity.
    Explanation: You can't refuse the opportunity of engaging into combat with anyone or anything that is stronger than you. You also always volunteer and perform tasks that have a risk attached to them when you are in a group.
  • Talkative (-1): You have a problem keeping your plans to yourself. Your ideas are simply so clever that you tell them to other people, so that you can watch their astonishment creep across their faces just before they tell you just how smart you are. Your flaw gets you to reveal your plans or evil scheme to the wrong people. There's nothing to prevent you from dropping them into a death trap afterwards, but should they survive, then you've got problems.
  • Extravagant (-2): You enjoy living in the lap of luxury. Ale is never good enough if you can get fine wine instead. You aren't happy with anything less than the finest room in the inn. In addition, any equipment or services you purchase cost 10% more than the standard rate for the locale you are currently in. The best of the best always costs more, after all.
    Explanation: You will always pay 10% more when purchasing something.
  • Lazy (-1): You will never do any more work than is absolutely necessary. You will rely on your companions to do things such as build camp fires, cook, and keep watch throughout the night. Generally, you will neglect details of preparedness in order to grab a few extra minutes of sleep. Failure indicates that you think the time would be better spent napping or laying under the shade.
  • Careless (-1): For some reason, people always seem to escape your clutches. You don't understand how that's possible. After all, you throw them into your easily escapable deathtraps before leaving them alone with your bumbling guards while you wander away for no apparent reason. You just can't manage to do a great job at anything.
    Explanation: You can never capture a person. This means that any type of request or roleplay involving capturing is out of the question for you. No matter how great you were throughout the roleplay, you will do something that allows the other to escape at the moment supreme.
  • Curiosity (-1): You're a naturally curious person and you find mysteries of any sort irresistible. In most circumstances, alas, your curiosity overrides your common sense. This forces you to investigate something unusual, even if it looks like it might be dangerous.
    Explanation: You will walk deeper into the forest you have never been before. You won't turn around from the castle that you have never seen. This can result into getting you into very dangerous situations.
  • Overconfident (-1): Nothing is beyond your capabilities. If you wanted, you could defeat the best swordsman in the world; you just haven't had any reason to do so yet. And surely that chasm isn't too wide for you to leap across.
  • Overconfident (-1): Nothing is beyond your capabilities. If you wanted, you could defeat the best swordsman in the world; you just haven't had any reason to do so yet. And surely that chasm isn't too wide for you to leap across.
  • Star-crossed (-1): You keep falling in love with the wrong people. You're the common soldier who falls in love with the king's daughter at first sight, or the hero who falls for the villain's daughter without knowing who she is.
  • Short Attention Span (-1): You have little patience, causing you to have difficulty concentrating on repetitive tasks.
  • Proud (-1): You don't like accepting help from others. If a gift or offer of aid smacks of charity or pity even the slightest bit, you grow indignant and refuse it.

IV. MAGIC

Magic: Requip-Melee gunner
Caster or Holder: Caster-type
Description: Allows the user to take store and summon various weapons in a pocket dimension at any time, regardless of what the user is doing at the time. Each weapon stored can have either one to ten magic abilities attached to them.

Strengths: The very nature of the magic allows the user to adapt to various situations without having to carry around the weapons physically. This versatility makes it harder for the enemy to anticipate what is coming next. The weapons Shinzo uses allow him to work in short, mid and long range meaning he never has to worry about closing the gap between him and the enemy, equally this allows him to stay out of his enemy's desired range without any issues.

Weaknesses: Amateurs cannot use this ability in the mids of battle, this feat would require an A/S rank wizard. The amount of weapons the user can store is also limited, this limit scales with the user's magical abilities, some weapons also require the user to be at a specific level restricting them as to what they can use. The spells attached to the weapons also require additional mana to activate them which heavily limits how freely Shinzo can use them if he planns on requipping more than once

V. HISTORY

History: Shinzo was born into a poor servant family to a rich couple (the Tama's) who were unable to have kids. The Tama's were always kind to Shinzo's parents but this is the reason they hid the pregnancy from the Tama's. They feared they would be forced into maternity and paternity leave and didn't want to accept charity from the Tama's to live on. Unfortunately this meant they couldn't afford medical treatment during the child birth and Shinzo's mother died shortly after naming him.

Shinzo's father was overloaded with guilt, blaming himself and his pride for the death of his wife, he wished he could go back and change the way things were, but he couldn't do anything. He felt the only way to try and make up for what he had done was to kill himself in the woods where his body may never be found. His final act before going to the woods to kill himself was to place his son on the doorstep of the mansion, inside a simple woven basket with a note on top, it read "Name: Shinzo, take care of him". Lady Tama, as she was known, discovered the baby next morning, she took the baby in to the mansion and went upto her bedroom to sit in front of the fire to warm him up. Still speechless she couldn't believe it was happening, when her husband finally woke up she looked up at him and said " "We have been give a gift from God" She had tears of happiness streaming down her face.

For the next thirteen years Shinzo led a privileged life and developed a taste for the finer things in life as he was never left wanting anything for long. He was always made to feel like he was right, the Tama's always arranged for some of the local kids of the same age to come to the mansion and play with Shinzo so he didn't get lonely. However, they were always supervised before Shinzo was 10 but he said this was embarrassing so as time went by he gained more and more freedom. A few days after his thirteenth birthday Shinzo was born so decided to look around the house looking for stuff, he wasn't looking for anything in particular, just something he hadn't seen before. He stumbled across an old diary, it was dated X762 he flicked through the pages and found that they were all blank before near the end of July, Shinzo found this weird so decided to look in some detail. As Shinzo read through the diary and found out about him being adopted, his mother dying and his father going missing presumed death, he didn't feel angry, he was curious and wanted to learn more.
That evening after they ate dinner Shinzo asked the Tama's  about his real parent, he learned that they were servants to the mansion but that they were well paid and well treated, he also learned about their past,  his mother used to be a takeover mage whilst his father was a simple farm worker.
After hearing everything in detail he thanked the Tama's telling them they will always be his true parents but expressing his intent to try and live out his mother's dream to try and get to know them.
The next morning he found a book on the front of his king sized bed, it spoke about take over magic and had a summoning spell in the back, the book directed the reader to summon the firespirit by a lake to receive it's power.

That morning he left a note for his parents saying that he is leaving but will be back one day, he decided that the lake in the middle of the estate forest should be suitable for the summoning. He ventured deep into the forest to reach a clearing in which the lake resided, he often sneaked out of the mansion to explore the forest so he knew it well. Once he reached the lake he opened the book as directed and read a passage of text which made next to no sense to him, he was worried that the spell hadn't worked at first so looked forward, almost leaning over the book when it suddenly hovered above the ground and moved over the water; a spire of red energy then erupted  from the book. Shinzo was amazed by what he saw, he was starting to understand why his birth mother loved magic so much. He was expecting a demonic red guy with horns but he was wrong, the spirit looked like your every day old man, well if you ignored the fact that he was wearing a fiery kimono.  The old man looked at Shinzo, he didn't speak but Shinzo got the feeling he didn't approve of having such a young human trying to use his power. After an awkward silence lasting two minute the spirit finally spoke "One question and you can use my power, which biblical figure killed 1/4 of humanity and name all of the 1/4 of humanity"

Shinzo laughed, he had expected a hard question but this was a basic quiz question anybody could answer " Kain when he killed Abel, there were four people so killing able was killing 1/4 of humanity" The spirit went silent again, he, or rather it seemed to enjoy prolonged awkward silences but eventually answered "Correct" he then dispersed into a veil of red fog most of which went into the sky but some entered Shinzo, he didn't feel much different but knew something had happened. Shinzo jumped into the lack to retrieve the book and left before taking one look back at the mansion knowing he wouldn't see it again for a while.

A mere two months later he found a guild called Lamia Scale, it wasn't the biggest out there but he liked it, over the next four and a half years Shinzo became to master his first weapon and learned requip magic and honing his marksman skills and swordsmanship. He did miss his home comforts and a life of luxury but he enjoyed the unknown and adventure more.

Last edited by ftant on Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:20 pm; edited 16 times in total

2Shinzo Tama  Empty Re: Shinzo Tama Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:36 am

Shinzo Tama

Shinzo Tama
Finished

3Shinzo Tama  Empty Re: Shinzo Tama Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:05 am

Imogen Aeneid

Imogen Aeneid
1. You need to have a picture of your character at the top of this application.

2. Please add a color to your guild tattoo along with the position of it which you already have listed.

3. General appearance needs to be at least 75 words. You have 30 currently.

4. Likes/Dislikes/Fears/Positive Traits/Negative Traits: Please make sure each item has a bullet point. This can be done by adding an additional
[*]before each item of the list.

5. Please separate your motivations so they appear as two different items.

6. Fears: You need at least one more fear.

7. Positive/Negative Traits: You currently have +8 and -10. Please make it so your traits are balanced. (if combined equal 0)

8. Magic: Please expand on your description of magic. What kind of demons will your character create contracts with? Give some explicit examples of what you want to do with this magic. It is currently too vague.

Bump when edited.

4Shinzo Tama  Empty Re: Shinzo Tama Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:10 am

Shinzo Tama

Shinzo Tama
I see, I forgot I lost more than just my history and personality last night, I have fixed it now.

5Shinzo Tama  Empty Re: Shinzo Tama Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:12 am

Shinzo Tama

Shinzo Tama
Bump

6Shinzo Tama  Empty Re: Shinzo Tama Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:54 am

Imogen Aeneid

Imogen Aeneid
I'm still needing a bit more detail about your magic. What sorts of capabilities will the demons give? Give specific examples, how do they augment the user?

Remove the part about being from Bleach. Instead use this section to describe as I stated above.

Remember that your descriptions here are what we base future spell acceptance from, so specifics about skills and abilities is going to help.

Depending on the demons, can they have different strengths and weaknesses? What are some examples of those?

7Shinzo Tama  Empty Re: Shinzo Tama Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:03 am

Shinzo Tama

Shinzo Tama
Ok, I will do it after my final exam tomorrow

8Shinzo Tama  Empty Re: Shinzo Tama Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:59 am

Shinzo Tama

Shinzo Tama
I have made the edits you suggested.

9Shinzo Tama  Empty Re: Shinzo Tama Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:39 am

Tali Zorah

Tali Zorah
Please increase your magic strengths to 75 words.

10Shinzo Tama  Empty Re: Shinzo Tama Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:37 pm

Tali Zorah

Tali Zorah
I apologize for the stacked posts, but another member of staff pointed this out to me earlier today. The Takeover spot for Lamia Scale has already been claimed by another member. I'm sorry, but you will have to either choose a new guild or a new magic.

11Shinzo Tama  Empty Re: Shinzo Tama Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:41 pm

Shinzo Tama

Shinzo Tama
I have made an edit, I did do it the other day but I lost the post and I have been busy until today. I have changed it to requip magic and I have checked the magic list and there doesn't seem to be a lamia scale mage with requip magic.

P.S Upon going through it manually it seems it is already taken by Rias Astrid so I will have to do another edit. Wish I knew this sooner.

P.P.S Apparently she left so I don't need to worry.

12Shinzo Tama  Empty Re: Shinzo Tama Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:00 pm

Warren Dent

Warren Dent
Yeah so take out the example, that isn't how it works.

Add a second fear

Bump when you finish and I shall approve you.

13Shinzo Tama  Empty Re: Shinzo Tama Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:21 pm

Shinzo Tama

Shinzo Tama
Ok, I have done the edit, he is now scared of ghosts and I have removed the example.

14Shinzo Tama  Empty Re: Shinzo Tama Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:08 am

Warren Dent

Warren Dent
Welcome aboard, approved

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

• Total Posts:
  • Total Members:
  • Newest Member:
  • Most Online: Most users ever online was 133 on Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:38 pm